Just received your new rifle? Make sure to break it in for the best results in the field.
- Use a bore guide to keep solvent from getting in the action of the rifle.
- Use patches with your favorite solvent to push through the barrel and clean it.
- Take 10 shots with the rifle, cleaning the barrel after every shot.
- Take 15 shots with the rifle, cleaning the barrel ever 3 shots.
- Clean the rifle to get the fouling out of the barrel.
- Shoot a three shot group.
The barrel is clean when your patches come out completely clean! Now go shoot and enjoy!