onX has partnered with RMEF for over five years now and product manager Matt Seidel said the partnership was a natural fit.
“We knew we had a tool that helped elk hunters and the staff at RMEF were very excited about helping spread the word about our maps as well,” he said. “We wanted to support RMEF’s missions of conservation and open access to public lands.”
The partnership with RMEF has also paved the way for the new RMEF Layer.
Over the last four months, elk foundation experts worked closely with onX’s in house GIS technicians to compile decades of conservation data and elk habitat restoration projects. This complimentary layer unlocks a plethora of information regarding conservation projects, public access points and population heat maps, all in the palm of your hand.
Conservation information from across the country
- Find over 500 RMEF Permanently Protected Lands showcasing conservation easements and projects meant to permanently protect vital elk habitat and range.
- Explore 257 RMEF featured access points, along with details like project names, managing partners, whether access is permitted and whether hunting is permitted.
- Heat maps showing the historical range of elk across the country and their current range.
The new layer is another great step in transparency as RMEF members and nonmembers can track projects and see the fruits of the conservation efforts put forth.
Never before has this much information been available in a handheld device. We hope this information helps to make your next elk hunt your most memorable, while inspiring a new great era of conservation.
Pack your bags for a Montana elk hunt
The partnership of onX and RMEF is only as strong as its members and in support of the dedicated hunters who make conservation a reality, we are giving away an elk hunt of a lifetime.
RMEF and onX will choose one lucky winner to go on an all expense paid elk hunt near Montana’s majestic Rocky Mountain front. The winner will have their choice of chasing wapiti with either a bow, or rifle and will have the privilege to visit onX and RMEF headquarters in Missoula Montana.
Enter below and don’t miss your chance
Entries are based on a point system and to start you need a valid onX Hunt membership.
- 1 point if you enter in your email address used on your onX Hunt membership
- 5 points (4 points extra) by adding in your RMEF member ID along with your onX Hunt email
- If you don’t have an onX Hunt membership, purchase a membership using code “RMEF” for 20% off. Then go to onxmaps.com/rmef to register.
- And if you’re not an RMEF member, now is a great time to join. They are offering a one year membership, which includes 6 issues of Bugle magazine and a Watson Airlock bag. Get your RMEF membership for only $35.